Saturday, June 2, 2018

Another update...

It's been a month. That 50-page document has been double-spaced and edited into a 131-page document. I haven't been here much. That process of focusing a mammoth sized mess hasn't generated a lot of inspiration. Today, it feels merely like I'm sitting myself down and by sheer willpower, typing and typing.

Writing is sometimes like that, especially academic writing. Sometimes there are no flashes of inspiration, just sheer brute willpower that keeps you typing. You come up with a to-do list, and you tick off one item at a time. Just that...

It's  not just PhD... Generally, life has become a bit like that for me. A list of to-dos, and I am getting by and getting through one item at a time. I am holding on... I am surviving by the day. I am doing my best to cope.

No comments: