Wednesday, June 6, 2018

How I see the PhD

The PhD to me is not the best one can produce and write and of the greatest passion, it is a working out of skills that can be eventually used in different settings.

It is not squeezing dry of one's energy and talent and knowledge and abilities, but the careful use of those to complete a piece of work.

It does not have to have an instrumental function to be worth doing. I don't have to have the PhD qualification. I can find the process of thinking, analysing, working in a team, reading, writing and thinking worthwhile on its own.

PhD is not trying to prove your worth or abilities or skills, but already having this worth, abilities, and skills, demonstrate it through a process and piece of work.

Getting a PhD doesn't mean you have attained the highest level, there is still much to learn and grow thereafter.

Am I thinking it wrongly?

No comments: