Monday, August 29, 2016

Q Methodology Investments

I became exposed to Q Methodology while through two articles I read, one in citizenship education and one in patriotism (political science). And my interest in it has been piqued since. I like it because it seems fun to construct a concourse, a universe of ideas that can represent all possible opinions on a particular issue or topic. And I like the objectivity of using statistics to help with making decisions, instead of using purely a human instrument! So yes, it brings out  in me the best of my qualitative and quantitative selves!

It is a method new to my supervisor, so what I have decided to do is to invest in myself picking up this method. I am going to learn it on my own and use it in my Ph.D. I have signed up for a conference, with some data, so I can play around with, do a presentation, get feedback. I have signed up for two workshops, also so I can learn more and also ask some questions. I am not attending the conference fresh, but I have some some study on my part to maximize my learnings. So there you have it, if you don't know something, go and find out about it. Don't be afraid to start from scratch.

No comments: