Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Changes in me

I went through a very interesting experience last night. There is this philosophy book on patriotism that I bought about 2 years ago, but struggled to read. It's a collection of argumentative pieces. After analyzing my data and looking at the world, a few things finally clicked within me, and I had an interest to read the book. As I was reading just the introduction, I was reminded of the Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton competition.

Note that I am not into American politics at all, but recently I have been questioning a lot (partly because of the data I am analyzing) that does putting the people of your nation first, necessarily mean xenophobia? No, it may not be... So I googled Trump and Clinton to find out their views on immigration. I was reading their positions, with great interest you know.

I am actually surprised with myself. I have rarely seen this side of me. I really wanted to know what both of them thought. Is having Trump as president really such a scary thing as everyone has made it to be? Hmmm...

No comments: