Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Touched

I have one motivation to do a PhD. It's something written in my confirmation report: She has shown an awareness of what Masters work entails and exceeded the panel's expectations for Masters level work.

I have goosebumps as I type this.

This sentence is very special to me, because it proves that from reading someone's work, you can tell the quality of that person's work. It's beautiful to me because the other way to know the quality of someone is to hear them market themselves, like hear the person say, "I'm so good etc." But I am not very good at marketing myself. I much prefer showing it or proving it through my actions.

I just thank God that quality can be discerned in more than one way.

I know I have such a long way more to go and there's so much improvement that still can be made. In fact, I'm currently challenged and at a level that I feel if I breakthrough, it will be a big upward surge forward. But it's not a place I like to be in because I don't know how to solve the problem before me.

Life is like this, isn't it. You get tested and tested and tested again. It's uncomfortable, but if you hold on there and don't give up, and you breakthrough, you would have really grown.

No comments: