Monday, March 16, 2015

An Old Paper

I don't really like to get into the specific of definitions. I don't really like to read Philosophical papers. I get confused when this person thinks this way about this, that person thinks another way about this and so on... It's easier for me to just adopt the manner of thinking aligned to what I want to say...

But the reviewer challenged my avoidance of this issue... There was a particular paper that I downloaded some time ago that addresses this. But I had a reluctance to read it for the reasons I mentioned above. This morning, I was reminded of this paper. 

And I began to read it... 

To my delight, I understood it and why it was written. It was written, precisely, for people like me who are confused about the difference between "critical thinking" and "critical pedagogies"... It was written to clarify the great mess that was created when each scholar defined these terms according to the argument they wanted to make or their own understanding, creating so many subvarieties and nuances.

They wrote to bring order to the mess. They talked about the mess.

Thank you for doing so. :)

I must face my own mess soon. Knowing how you managed this mess, will help me manage mine better.

No comments: