Monday, November 24, 2014

Story Telling Time!

Okay! I'm done with a revising of the Introduction. One problem I face is that I begin with much enthusiasm but by the time I reach the last few paragraphs of the text, I tire out and don't edit them as well. So next time I need to also start from back to front to give those back material a chance.

But now, I will look at my Literature Review so that when I do my Discussion, I will be better about to connect my findings to the wider literature.

So here is a reminder of what the literature review is all about:

Areas of inquiry within disciplines exist as ongoing conversations among authors and theorists. By way of your literature review, you join the conversation - first by listening to what is being said and then by formulating a comment designed to advance the dialogue. The literature review thus involves locating and assimilating what is already known and then entering the conversation from a critical and creative standpoint. As Torraco (2005) defines it, "The integrative literature review is a form of research that reviews, critiques, and synthesizes representative literature on a topic in an integrated way such that new frameworks and perspectives on the topic are generated" (p. 356). Ultimately, your review "tells a story" by critically analyzing the literature and arriving at a specific conclusion about it. (p. 74) Linda Dale Bloomberg and Marie Volpe in Completing your Qualitative Dissertation: A Road Map from Beginning to End (2nd ed.)

No comments: