Sunday, April 4, 2010

Go to the University

This is a common topic I reflect about and I'm reflecting upon it again.

I believe teachers in the University teach less to the test than teachers in the Government schools because there is no nationwide level standardised testing.

So if you want to experience the kind of learning that is beyond the examinations, do try to come to the University.

The sad thing is that the kind of training we receive earlier on does not prepare us for University kind of learning and many people who grow up on a diet of spoon-feeding, struggle to think for themselves when there is no spoon-feeder.

I really hope things have changed from my time and the climate of government schools are not like what I experienced during my time.

I'm grateful for my teachers in University who champion the open-book examinations because they believe in testing for students' thinking ability, something that form their instruction. They teach to make us better thinkers and better people.

And they reduce my stress levels by so much, because, I do not have to focus all my attention on memorisation of facts.

I look back at one of the module I have taken that has transform the way I view products. I am less inclined to waste and to purchase things since being convinced in my heart and mind that we must be better stewards of what earth has provided us with.

I believe this is true education, an education that transform your life and lifestyle.

No comments: