Friday, January 19, 2018

A book refound

As you know, I have been studying this very interesting idea called "patriotism" for many years now. There is this book that I've come across called "Patriotism and Nationalism in Music Education" but because of the context of my study, that of social studies, where music is not used; I never really saw that book as very relevant, despite its title.

Today... As I am working on my confirmation document on commemorative events, and googling this "the singing of national songs in Singapore citizenship education", I refound this book! :D And today, it is more relevant than before, than ever.

I felt such joy and elation, like this book is an old friend I just bumped into after not seeing for a long time!

I talked about this many times before, but how special in the process of doing your PhD that you can have high experiences such as this!

No comments: