Friday, July 7, 2017

An update

What has happened to me? I have not blogged in a month!

In the past six months, I completed a Diploma course for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), I changed my research topic from patriotism to storytelling, wrote a paper on storytelling, presented it in Korea, wrote the confirmation document (over 30 pages) and realizing I did not like storytelling, comtemplated quiting the PhD (and my job and traveling to Mozambique to do marine conservation volunteer work), wrote many pieces of writings, asked for many opportunities to write (only to be ignored and rejected), and then now, wanting to turn my PhD research topic back to patriotism.

Writing 30 over pages on storytelling made me realized I don't really want to research this...

I am back on familiar ground now... What a journey it has been...

Life can be such a meandering path with so many detours!

During this period of searching, questioning, struggling with my path and future, sometimes I became very anxious. There was a nagging heavy feeling in me, especially the past month. I'm glad to finally have some inkling what to do and where to go.

What a journey!

No comments: