Monday, July 17, 2017

A new topic

Doing research or writing a thesis eventually is like painting a picture. You first need to try to figure out what is currently known about that topic or issue, and this could be like trying to find out what colours to use for this painting, trying a few strokes on the paper. The more you read up on what others have done, the clearer you will have an idea of what is available to form your picture, your art. And later on as you have that good understanding, you can start to create with it your art. You can introduce things that are new but with the backing of the old. And as you create this image, you will eventually get a complete piece of work that is coherent and tells your story. But see, your story cannot be told without first reading the many other stories told by other people.

Wow!

I feel like I'm again at the first stage... I am scared and excited at the same time. This new project potentially will use very new skills and require me to interact with very different people including people of authority, people planning the policy (government officials), people implementing them (principals and teachers) and people receiving this curriculum (students!). I have only interacted with teachers before, and I have no idea how to interact with the others!

But before I worry about methodology, let me read whatever I can about commemorative events! Gosh, because there is so little about it, and what there is so is hard to find, it brings the explorer-adventurer out of me, like the feeling that because this seems difficult, it's going to be worth it!

Wow!

Sorry, I am surprised sometimes how exciting research can be, especially research into a little known area!

(I feel like I talk like the young spiderman... :|)

No comments: