Monday, January 26, 2015

It's "over"!

I submitted my thesis for examination last Friday [23rd January]. :) A lot of people congratulated me and were truly happy for me. However, perhaps because of the way I timed the writing (having started writing in June 2014), and having gone through many drafts (sort of), the feeling of completion was so so (Sorry to use such a neutral term. I guess you would have expected a more emotional term.). [Imagine if I had done the writing at the last minute, I think I might possibly felt more adrenaline and euphoria after completion.] I just knew I had a few individuals in particular to thank but more importantly, I had to thank God, which I did by attending a Mass and praying to tell Him how thankful I was (not that you need to attend a service to pray and I'm not a Catholic).

I actually look forward to receiving feedback from the examiners, as (as expected) I'm still not quite very happy with what I submitted. It looks structurally alright, it's been copy-edited, but... yes, I think it can be more coherent. But perhaps the strength of it is it is rich, flavourful and deep, because of the strong social science bent I took to present the arguments. I pray the examiners will like what I have written and it would be a piece of writing that will add to their fascination of this world.
 
I'm tired.

Actually, I really am.

I don't feel like working anymore.

Sorry, friends, I know I'm usually less emotional in this blog and more intellectual. But, I guess I need somewhere to release these emotions.

But I'm glad I got it all out on paper. Imagine if you don't complete your thesis, you spent of yourself so much, yet you come away with nothing, no benefit to yourself, no degree, no benefit to the "world" as there's no product for people to read and learn from or critique. That is definitely worse off. So despite how negative I'm feeling now, I thank God for bringing me through this process and seeing it to completion. I kinda knew all along this was a work of grace. Thank You.

No comments: