Thursday, October 2, 2014

Changes within me

I started working on my Masters thesis with a brashness that I have found something so special that everyone will want to know about it. I made strong claims, too strong perhaps. My writing was harsh, as if I were trying to tell you how great my work is.

Today, as I come to write another draft of my work... I find that I have mellowed much. After having my work criticized by experts and friends, I have lost that brashness and pride. I find that I am more like an explorer now. I am more humble in my attitude. I delete the parts where I was over-confident, and replaced them with more simple and genuine words.

I can sense this change within me, because now I feel so uncomfortable with what I had written in the past. Why did I write like that? Why those lofty words and big concepts? I feel like my feet are more firmly planted on the ground now.

No comments: