Thursday, January 7, 2010

“The learning process can be divided into the accumulation of bits of information (memory) and the movement of this into patterns (thinking).

The compulsive learner is incapable of thinking. There is always another bit to be memorized and, if they are all learned, there is little time to rearrange the bits. It is also clear that without any bits there is no thinking.”

Eugene Stead, MD Chair, Department of Medicine

"The compulsive learner is incapable of thinking."

I do think I know too much and think too little.

When I read books, I'm more eager to finish reading the book, than to apply the knowledge I've gained in certain chapters.

I wonder if I can take a new approach to life and learning by knowing less, and use that time saved to think and do more.

No comments: