Friday, January 6, 2017

Your choice

You can choose to do your Ph.D., write your thesis, with a lot of love or with hatred.

You can choose these two years to be full of excitement and adventure, problem solving, and fun; or years of fear and torture, insecurity, afraid of being wrong, full of problems and obstacles.

You know... Today I decide that I want this work to be a labour of love. I want to do it with much heart and joy and little regrets. I want to be forgiving and grateful for this opportunity that will probably never come again. Remember, an unfettered opportunity to grow and learn, how rare to have it as an adult! Regardless how it pans out, I would have benefited from the process. It doesn't have to be a hastey, angry experience. It will be a period of sustained intellectual discovery and effort. And I have always found such experiences fun. So yes, doing a Ph.D. can be fun.

Are you ready?

No comments: