Saturday, September 26, 2015

Another project...

Writing is so fun...

Just those ideas and seeing how they connect to one another. How they inspire and strengthen, negate and weaken one another...

They drawn upon all your resources, who you are, what you think, what you've read, what you've been through...

I am currently going to write up an article on social studies teacher and high-stakes testing. 

This paper draws upon my current interest in citizenship and social studies education and my past interest in assessment. Also, my experiences with teachers tells me that this is one key issue that constrains them. Also, I have a love-hate relationship with high-stakes examination. I hated it because I felt they couldn't really assess the entirety of what I have learned and forced me to learn to the test but I loved it because they told me where I stood in terms of understanding and I can beat the system. 

I find doing a paper like this or a thesis so much better a way of assessment than tests...

Yes, so I'm bringing together all that I am, to write this paper. Can you imagine how fulfilling that is?

Now, I just need to get down to analyzing the data, which is a massive amount, even though only focusing on four teachers. 

No comments: