Sunday, July 6, 2014

Visual images for oral presentations

I realized that I am a very visual person... I used to think I was more a verbal person because I like reading but now I think I'm more visual than verbal, because I am more creative with images than with words.

I told you I struggled to do that presentation, to even start making the powerpoint slides... But you know what prodded me on? It was the process of searching for images on istockphoto and purchasing them and using them to frame my presentation. As I picked the images, I felt what I wanted to say!

The images evoked the things I wanted to express. I don't think many people are like me. I noticed many people use images as an afterthought, rather than using it to drive the process. But images are so integral to who I am and what I want to say.

No comments: